It is important to understand from where your most valuable customers have arrived to your website.
For Shopify customers using Littledata this is easy because of the work invested to link Google Analytics to Shopify data in a meaningful way for subscription business.
Littledata is sending to all Shopify customers apart of the enhanced ecommerce data 4 pieces of information with each transaction as custom dimensions:
- Lifetime-value of the user who made the transaction - name: Littledata - Lifetime Revenue
- Number of orders made by that user so far - name: Littledata - Purchase Count
- Last order date (in each case the transaction date) - name: Littledata - Last Transaction Date
- Shopify customer ID - name: Littledata - Shopify Customer ID
Example of use case:
Find the lifetime-value by channel
Based on the combination of standard info in Google Analytics (eg channel grouping) and the following custom dimensions
- Littledata - Lifetime Revenue
- Littledata - Shopify Customer ID
you can calculate what is the lifetime revenue by channel (the full picture).
Create audiences based on the last purchase and number of orders of the customer:
Using the segment feature of Google Analytics you can create and segment (and export as audience) that can look after all users with the custom dimension:
- Littledata - Last Transaction Date
- Littledata - Purchase Count
You then can use that segment to retarget them on the Google Ads network.
This is an example for users that have purchased only once in the last month:
*Because this data is sent as custom dimension, there is a need for Regex knowledge:
Even though you can do a basic and inexact calculation only with the data you can find in Google Analytics, having Littledata/ReCharge integration enables you to see a complete picture of your marketing efforts over the entire customer cycle, because the recurring transactions will be included.